Omsk history Omsk Drama Theater

Founded in 1874, the Omsk State Drama Theater is the oldest one in the city. The theater building as we know it today was designed by an architect Illiodor Khvorinov and built in 1905, with the funds allocated by the city Duma. It is now a historical and cultural monument.

In 1983 the theater received a title "Academic". The Omsk Drama Theater has received the Stanislavsky award twice: in 1973 for the N. Ankilov's "Soldier's Widow" and in 1985 for the production by S. Aleksievich "War's Unwomanly Face". Also, the theater is a laureate of six national theater awards "Golden Mask". We participate in various international and local festivals, tour within Russia and worldwide.

The theatre has always been in high demand. The current company is one of the most interesting and vivid troupes in Russia. It is a group of talented professionals who work together as a team. The actors are open-minded, dedicated people, they can act out almost any idea of the director, bring to life completely different characters. Our actors are laureates of many theatrical awards of both Russian and international contests. They successfully performed in France, Germany, Poland, USA, Japan, Kazakhstan, Denmark, Costa-Rica, Serbia, Latvia, Estonia, Czech Republic and Ireland.

Since the 2001 year Victor Lapukhin, an honored Cultural Worker of russia has been in charge of the theatre.
Since 2012 year Viktor Lapukhin appointed to a higher post as the Minister of Culture of Omsk region.
Mir Byvalin became the chief of the theatre.

Georgy Tskhvirava became a theater director in March, 2009

Visit the Omsk State Academic Drama Theater web-site at www.omskdrama.ru